We would like to dedicate this blog post to our highly skilled and experienced team of content development associates and thank them for all of their hard work and commitment in helping us to develop this unique and innovative online learning platform.
With a common goal of helping all Pre-Registration trainees to have access to high quality resources, together we have achieved something that has never been done before. Trainees can now access online support and high quality, up to date resources to guide their learning anytime and anywhere!
A list of contributors to our content can be found below:
- Amar Iqbal– Graduate of Aston University (MPharm) and De Montfort University (PgDip Clin. Pharm). Previous roles: Deputy Chief Pharmacist and Interim Medicines Safety Officer – Birmingham Women’s Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Pre-registration and Student Support Lead – Birmingham and Solihull Local Practice Forum, Senior Pharmacist (Paediatrics) and Teacher Practitioner – Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust, Clinical Pharmacist – Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Pharmacist Store Manager – Wallgreens Boots Alliance (Heartlands Hospital Outpatient Pharmacy), Contributor to ‘Pharmacy Registration Assessment Questions’ and co-author of ‘Get Ahead: The Prescribing Safety Assessment’. Current roles: Management Support Pharmacist – Birmingham Women’s and Children’s Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Geraldine Hickinbottom– Graduated Aston University (MPharm), PGClinDip, Independent Prescriber, MRPharmS. Previous roles: HIV lead pharmacist at Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust.
- Hammara Sattar– Graduate of University of Wolverhampton (MPharm) and University of Keele (PgDip. Clinical Pharmacy). Previous roles: Specialist Clinical Pharmacist (Gynae. and Maternity) and Lead Clinical Trials Pharmacist at Birmingham Women’s and Children’s Hospital, Rotational Pharmacist at Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust, Pre Registration Pharmacist at Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham. Current role: Specialist Clinical Pharmacist (HIV) at Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham.
- Regina M Ahmed– Graduated University of Bath (MPharm). Previous roles: Pharmacy Manager at Rowland’s Pharmacy, Advice and Support Pharmacist at National Pharmacy Association (NPA), Head of Dispensing and Supply at Pharmaceutical Services Negotiating Committee (PSNC). Current role: GP Clinical Pharmacist at NHS Bedford (NHS pilot scheme) and non-Medical Prescriber. Blogger for Pharmaceutical Journal as a practice based pharmacist.
- Emma Carter– MPharm University of East Anglia. Previous roles: Pre-Registration Pharmacist at University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. Current role: Research assistant at Hospital of Tropical Diseases, Bank pharmacist at UCLH Mortimer Market Centre.
- Yasmin Ahmed– MPharm University College London. Previous role: Pre-Registration Pharmacist at Boots. Current role: Pharmacist at Boots, Bournemouth.
- Jack Wright – MPharm DeMontfort University. Previous roles: Pre-Registration Pharmacist at Leegomery Pharmacy, Telford. Current Roles: Managing Director at Dynamic Locums limited, Locum pharmacist in the West midlands areas.
We look forward to continually developing our online learning platform and improving our resources and services for all future cohorts of Pre-Registration trainees. Thank you to all of our team for their ongoing hard work and dedication.
Naeema R Ahmed
THE PRE REG MANUAL